Thursday, January 27, 2011

What I've Been Working On

Here are a couple songs I've been working on. They are both by Schuyler Fisk. The first one is called "Hello", the second "From Where I'm Standing". I chose to learn these two songs because they're easier to catch on to and I absolutely love the simplicity of her voice. My singing isn't super on par nor is the guitar but I've only been playing for about 3 months.

There's a lot of noise in the background. Some of it is Lucy with her squeaky toy. The other one is a metronome I forgot to turn off. And there is a weird harmony type thing in the middle of the bridge on the second song. I couldn't figure out how to delete that part out. I think I recorded it while playing the old track. Oops. I also realized that when I tweaked the guitar effects on "From Where I'm Standing" it made it really off tune. It didn't sound that bad until I actually listened to the song on full volume.

So here are my first recordings on Garage Band.

I don't even know if these files will work but we'll see.


Click to hear my take on Schuyler Fisk's "Hello"



Click to hear my take on Schuyler Fisk's "From Where I'm Standing"

3 comments:

alison said...

marcie! i had no idea you could sing like that! beautiful. i'm jealous of your musical talent.

alex said...

I especially like the second song.

George and Mindy said...

Who are you??? You are one impressive young lady. You and Michelle are incredibly talented. Makes me happy to be your sissy :)