Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Easy MSG-Free Asian Noodle Soup

Okay so I've come up with an easy noodle soup recipe. I took a couple recipes that I've seen and made my own. It ended up being pretty tasty. Don't be afraid to add more fish sauce or lime juice for extra flavor. Check it out!

Ingredients:
1 package of rice noodles
2 cans of chicken broth (14.5 oz each) I like to use MSG free
2 tbsp. of fresh minced ginger
1 piece of lemongrass or 1 tbsp of Gourmet Garden lemongrass (it's in a tube, much easier)
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast (thinly sliced)
2 tbsp. of fish sauce
handful of snow peas

Condiments:
mint leaves
Thai basil
bean sprouts
lime juice
Sriracha


Directions:

Combine chicken broth, 3 cups of water, fish sauce, ginger, lemongrass and bring to a boil. Let simmer for 8-10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large pot boil water and cook rice noodles according to directions on package. Slightly undercook noodles.
Add thinly sliced chicken breast and snow peas to chicken broth mixture. Allow chicken to cook for at least 5 minutes. Add slightly undercooked noodles to broth. Let simmer for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat. Garnish dish with mint leaves, Thai basil, bean sprouts. Add fish sauce, lime juice and Sriracha according to taste.

3 comments:

George and Mindy said...

NUMMY!!!!

aaron said...

Marcie, I dig these recipes and tips that you have listed on your blog. I'm not a newlywed but I like cooking on my own and it gives me a lot of ideas and different ingredients I can buy and use.

Keep it coming!

Emily said...

This recipe looks so good! I am going to have to try it! Thanks Marcie!