Sunday, September 19, 2010

facebookness

I don't know if I would be able to but I've been thinking about taking time off from my facebook account. It's fun being able to stay in touch with people, but I'm wondering what I might be able to fill those two minutes with instead of looking to see if I have any new notifications on my phone? Maybe I could learn how to write a new word in Thai or learn the definition of a word that I never use or perhaps I could text a friend I haven't talked to in awhile? The possibilities are endless. I am thinking that I won't delete my facebook, but rather see how long I can go without checking in. I've been social networking since high school and have spent most of that time trying to keep up on others' peoples' lives without actually speaking to them. Instead of poring over random peoples pictures, maybe I could learn a new hobby. Maybe I could actually make that dress I talked about months ago. Perhaps I could read a book and actually finish it. Maybe I could make my lessons in primary better.

What if I did something new everyday? Just one small thing. Instead of driving down 9000 S to I-15 to work, maybe I'll drive down Redwood Rd. to 10600 S. Maybe I could make Graydon dinner and eat it on the porch outside. I could walk to church. I could write in my journal (not blog). I could write stories. I could try Indian food...I still haven't had any in years. Rearrange furniture.

This week I am going to minimize my time on facebook. This sounds near to impossible but it's doable...

From here on out, I am going to attempt to avoid facebook. Please text me or call me in the meantime...I may report on this to tell you how it's going. Here we go!

3 comments:

alison said...

feeling the same way about facebook. loved this blog. let's get indian food!

George and Mindy said...

That sounds like an excellent idea!

George and Mindy said...

That sounds wonderful!