Friday, October 17, 2014

Grady update!

Grady is 15 weeks old! I can't believe how much he has grown. It's been an amazing 3.5 months with my little man. I never thought I could love my baby this much. It certainly hasn't been easy, but all the late nights have been so worth it. Of course, there are still many more to come.

Grady has been such a joy. He just recently became more vocal. Grady loves to coo. When he's on his playmat, you can hear him repeating "ooo...ooo" while he swats at his toys. Sometimes I think he's talking to his toys or maybe he's just annoyed to be on the floor with three random trinkets hovering above him by little ribbons. In either case, he loves to talk. At times when he's extremely fussy I sit him down and ask him what's bothering him. We will proceed to carry a "conversation" as he responds to my questions with exasperated coos and other sweet noises. I swear he is saying "wingding". You know, like the font. He's probably just making that dipthong sound.

At this point in motherhood, I still don't feel like I know what I'm doing. I hope no one ever asks me for advice. However, I also prefer not to receive any either. I think I'm just being too prideful to accept it. I love being a mom. I'm so glad it happened when it did. Grady is so lucky to have so much family around.

Well I could go on about how tall Grady is and how much he weighs but I don't think it matters. I think the best update I could give you is that he is happy and loves to smile. There's not much else that can make sleeping two hours a night satisfying but his smile sure does that. Of course he is sleeping more but life is unpredictable and stuff happens. I'm just glad to know that my little guy will always have a smile saved for me despite how tired, hungry or sick he is.

No comments: