Wednesday, January 21, 2009

hello hello

i am currently sitting in one of the best places in the world...next to graydon.

i have been excited about spring semester. i don't think i mind the cold as much because i know i will have a hand to hold when the wind gets sharper and when the snow forms piles of little men on people's yards.

graydon and i meet occasionally on campus, and i have to say that college is much better when you can walk into a huge library, likely full of thousands of books you'll never read and people you'll never meet eyes with, and be able to walk directly to that spot where you know someone will be.

school has been interesting so far. i am taking four classes this semester. i am inching closer to graduation but i can't help but think that i will miss learning in a formal setting. arabic is intense and my english classes are rigorous. i also can't deny how intrigued, yet still skeptic, i have become of ancient egypt.

mindy went to the inauguration. sort of. her and george are cool kids for sure, livin' the life in Annapolis on the weekends. michelle and brad are still a lovely married couple and jerry & mindee are expecting a baby boy: Tayden!

i have come to realize that i really appreciate when people listen to to my current love story. especially my mom...she does an amazing job at helping me fulfill my goals and dreams. my sisters also support my every move involving my future plans with graydon.

i don't know what it is about these past few weeks that has confirmed many feelings of mine.

maybe it's when graydon gets excited about solving a chemistry problem.
or when he wears dark jeans.
or when he wraps his hand around mine.
or when he smiles at me, walks me to my car, and scrapes my car windows....

not to mention when i never tire of being with him.

i would say things are marvelous. i would say that it's going to take me a little while longer to finally realize that this isn't all a dream...

1 comment:

aaron said...

marcie,

i'm glad you happy and that school is going well. it is indeed nice knowing people on campus who you can occasionally say hello to event though i go between two buildings.

give graydon my hello and regards.

-aaron