Thursday, January 29, 2009

fortune cookies sound tasty right now.

i'm curled up under piles of blankets and pillows, i feel a strange longing to stay up late tonight. there isn't anything particularly important for me to accomplish as of right now, but i am unable to sleep. therefore i will write.

i have had many a surprise today. i didn't realize that i could hang out at wal-mart for an hour and be entertained and amused for the most part. i was also glad that my nausea passed. even after arby's. meatloaf. airheads. and chicken nuggets. maybe it's because i had my someone to take care of me.

i have to be honest, i don't know what i'm really doing right now. i am going to school but i am wondering when i will reach that point when i can tell people exactly.what.i'm.doing. i still don't know. but i told graydon tonight about some thoughts that have been stewing up in my mind for a little while. which is why i read over the GRE practice tests and got a little queasy again...argh

also, this summer is going to be fantastic. i cannot wait to spend my lazy summer evenings in a park somewhere in salt lake city, and i am anticipating an amazing vacation with my love. i also can't help but attempt to wrap my mind around the idea of being married. also. am i really turning 21? my new license does look significantly more haggard...heh.

i must also announce that i haven't had cravings for shopping these days. i have to be honest, i am completely out of the whole swing of things. i am afraid that i don't know what is cool/cute/fashionable anymore. have i really become an old woman? i just don't have the energy to figure out what is stylish. i am trying to tone down whatever sort of style i had going on before and just dressing up so i don't freeze while walking on campus.

i really like not having money. i am super excited to spend my early years with graydon scraping for loose change (i love change, if you hate your pennies, i will gladly remove them from you...)and not having to worry about anything but basic needs. i am longing for moments with graydon when all we really have is a dumpy couch and a book to read.

wow. maybe i should go to sleep now. this has all summed up my greatest longings for this day.

1 comment:

Amanda Stewart said...

Marcie, it sounds to me like you know exactly what you are going to do. Hang out at parks, wal-mart, and search for scraps of change. I am having a hard time imagining you as a hobo though.