Friday, November 28, 2008

diving too deep for coins

i've had a great thanksgiving break. on wednesday, mindy and i saw twilight. mindy hadn't read the books, but she still liked it. it was fun. i honestly don't remember the last time i went to a movie...
michelley and brad are in cancun so i've been stuck at home with lil lazy cocoa. but it's been good being able to rest. i've been sleeping a ton!

thanksgiving was really great. it was a small one, but me, mindy, my parents and grandpa went to Vienna Bistro and had thanksgiving dinner there. it was so tasty and the atmosphere was pleasant. we all tried the Austrian ginger ale ( i forget what it's called) and we had the ham and turkey plates for dinner. i was also surprised at how much i liked the brussels sprouts. we finished off our meals with apple streusel. it was nice.

my favorite part was when we went to grandpa's house and watched old home videos. i wasn't in any of them, but it was fun watching my siblings as babies, and seeing how much my parents have changed. my mother was always so fashionable and i couldn't help but notice that my dad and jerry look a lot alike (despite obvious differences).

i know most people like to write blogs about what they're grateful for. i have a hard time with this...i think the reason why people think i'm indifferent or apathetic is because i don't quantify things very well, especially feelings of love and gratitude.

i love my family very much. i've had many friends come and go, i've had a hard time keeping friends close, but i know i can always rely on my family to listen and be there for me. they have never forced me to be a certain type of person, instead they motivate me to be my best self, whoever that may be.

and then there's graydon. sigh. i love him and his family so much. i go over to graydon's bountiful house about once a month. although i'm not the most outgoing talkative person, i always feel really comfortable over there. his sisters are intelligent and lauretta and scott always give me leftovers to take home. i think things would've been a lot different between graydon and i if i rarely saw his family.

i am really content with life right now. i think some people have a hard time understanding why a testimony of my beliefs is so important, but i guess it comes from me knowing a life with a weak testimony, compared to a life with a strong testimony.

i honestly am happy. and it doesn't mean that life is perfect, nor am i always smiley and having great, fantastic days, every day. not at all. i guess i just feel peace with everything. i still get worried/anxious/nervous but i just know that if i continue doing good things, that good things will work out if i be my best self.

i wish i could quantify this happiness or love or gratitude. it is something that i wish i could package and seal, and send off to all corners of the earth.

when i am sitting alone at home, rubbing my dog's belly and listening to music, i feel peace within myself. i don't have any inner turmoil tearing inside or regrets or sorrow. i really am happy.

i have learned that the littlest things are what prove our true character. lately i have been struggling with different viewpoints, different justifications and although they are not entirely 'wrong' within themselves, i know that there are far better things that bring happiness. i have a hard time settling for something when i know that i can have great things. we shouldn't all settle for what seems good...the best thing is what we should seek.

this blog kind of turned into something i wasn't expecting. but i hope everyone had a great thanksgiving.

oh yeah...

11 days....

No comments: